Safe Schools Healthy Students Lindsay Heights Initiative
Community Partner Team from the 2011 Violence Prevention Iniatiative (VPI) Call for Partnerships
Project Start Date: July 1, 2012
Project End Date: June 30, 2015
Award Amount: $750,000
The Safe Schools, Healthy Students Lindsay Heights Initiative will:
- decrease the number of personal and physical safety incidents that were a result of fighting in the Lindsay Heights schools and community;
- increase school attendance rates in grades K-5; and,
- increase the number of parents trained in child development including social and emotional skills.
Additionally the initiative will:
- decrease the number of middle and high school students who do not go to school because they feel unsafe at school or on their way to or from school;
- decrease the number of student incidents and actions related to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco by the targeted schools; and,
- increase middle and high school students who report they are looking forward to coming to school.
The Initiative will train youth in Restorative Justice; peer facilitation and mentoring; and utilize Peers with Impact to help decrease violence in the community.