was held Thursday, May 8, 2014
at the Sheraton Milwaukee Hotel
View the Looking Back, Moving Forward document (PDF)
View the plenary presentations from the conference, presented by Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment.
AHW Excellence Awards
Six projects funded by AHW were honored during our Excellence Awards ceremony. To learn more about each of the projects, visit our Video Gallery.
Purpose: The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment has concluded ten years of programming, distributing more than $160.3 million for funded projects and initiatives to improve Wisconsin’s health. The AHW Endowment sponsored a conference to highlight and promote the successes and lessons learned of those funded efforts. The conference highlighted the scope of funded education, research, and community-academic partnership projects and provided opportunities for collaboration among and between partners. The AHW Endowment also provided additional information related to the 2014-2018 Five-Year Plan, Moving from Grantmaker to Changemaker, by designing strategies for maximizing impact and improving evaluation.
- To build public support through dissemination of project results, achievements and lessons learned.
- To highlight the scope and variety of community-engaged partnerships, research projects and educational collaboration formed over the past ten years.
- To promote informal discussions and the exchange of ideas among participants regarding their goals and efforts related to the AHW mission and vision.
- To provide opportunities for researchers, educators and community-based organizations to connect and network around community-engaged research project and partnerships.
- To inform participants of the strategies outlined in the AHW 2014-2018 Five-Year Plan that will maximize impact to improve health outcomes for Wisconsin residents.
For any questions about the conference, please contact HWPP at (414) 955-4350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment Research and Education Program (REP)
(414) 955-8075 | email@example.com
Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment Healthier Wisconsin Partnership Program (HWPP)
(414) 955-4350 | firstname.lastname@example.org