By signing this document, you as the responsible investigator agree to comply with the Center for Imaging Research’s policies and procedures. Noncompliance may result in a loss of scanner privileges.
1. Billing Policy
a. All utilized time must be recorded on the CIR's Online Appointment Scheduler.
b. All scheduling is on a first-come, first-serve basis, though CIR administration reserves the right to alter the schedule.
c. All usage time on the scanners will be chargeable according to the CIR's Online Appointment Scheduler.
d. Audits of scanner control access will be used to verify users are properly charged.
e. Use of a scanner without a chargeable account will be billed to the PI with an additional $25-per-hour administrative fee.
f. Unused and cancelled scanner time:
- There will be a full charge for time that is canceled within four or fewer days of the assigned time slot.
- 25% of the full charge will be made for cancellations made up to 14 days of the assigned time slot.
- No charge will be made for cancellations made more than 14 days before the assigned time slot.
- There will be no charge for any cancelled time that is used by another investigator.
- There will be no charge for time that was canceled because of the malfunction or failure of scanners or major CIR-maintained equipment. This does not include failure or malfunction of investigator-provided equipment or the lack of availability of research subjects.
g. Overdue scanner charges: Investigators whose billed charges are more than 90 days past due will be given notice that their use of scanner facilities will be withheld, if all billed charges are not paid within 30 days of that notice.
h. Scanner time for human research is billed monthly, in quarter-hour increments. Scanner time for animal research is billed monthly, in whole-hour increments.
2. System Modification Policy
a. Undocumented modification of the MR system (i.e., shell scripts, installing prototypes) is prohibited.
b. PIs may provide written request to the CIR Faculty Technical Council (which meets weekly) for approval of MRI system modification processes.
c. Permission is only required at the onset of a given project (i.e., a pulse sequence or reconstruction development project). Permission is not required for every new modification unless it represents a substantial deviation in system or equipment use from the original proposal.
d. Approval for a system modification must receive a majority vote of the CIR Faculty Technical Council and responses will be provided in writing.
e. Nonapproved modifications will be immediately deleted, with a $1,000 administrative fee charged to the individual responsible for such modification.
f. Concerns regarding system modifications decisions made by the CIR Faculty Technical Council can be expressed in writing by CIR members to Dr. Vince Mathews, chair of Radiology, who provides oversight of the CIR.
3. Institutional Review Board/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Compliance
Investigators performing human or animal research confirm their approved Institutional Review Board protocol or Institutional Animal Care and Use application, respectively, is in place or will be in place prior to scanning subjects. Investigators assume all responsibility for conducting the project in full compliance with the reviewing IRB’s determinations, institutional policies of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital, and applicable federal and state regulations.
It is vital that the log book be completed prior to scanning.
I agree to comply with these policies and procedures.