Please wait while we gather your results.
Looking Back, Moving Forward: Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin (AHW) 10th Anniversary Event May 8
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment (AHW) has concluded ten years of programming, distributing more than $160 million for funded projects and initiatives to improve Wisconsin’s health. AHW will sponsor a conference to highlight and promote the successes and lessons learned of those funded efforts. The conference will focus on the scope of previously funded education, research, and community-academic partnership projects and provide opportunities for collaboration among and between partners. AHW will also be provide additional information related to the 2014-2018 Five-Year Plan, moving from Grantmaker to Changemaker.
The conference will address the following objectives:
• To build public support through dissemination of project results, achievements and lessons learned.
• To highlight the scope and variety of community-engaged partnerships, research projects and educational collaborations formed over the past ten-years.
• To promote informal discussions and the exchange of ideas among participants regarding their goals and efforts related to the AHW mission and vision.
• To provide opportunities for researchers, educators and community-based organizations to connect and network around community-engaged research projects and partnerships.
• To inform participants of the strategies outlined in the AHW 2014-2019 Five-Year Plan that will maximize impact to improve health outcomes for Wisconsin residents.
There is no cost to attend the full-day conference, but advance registration is required. Registration will open in mid-March 2014. For additional conference information, please view the conference web page.