MCW Cardiovascular Center Scientific Advisory Committee
The CVC will continue to move forward and serve as the campus incubator to stimulate exchange and nurture new ideas and to develop novel research programs in basic, translational, and clinical research. This year has seen the development of an expanded long-range strategic plan for CVC programmatic expansion with appropriate input from internal and external experts, key faculty leaders, community leaders and MCW leadership.
This includes importantly the recruitment of distinguished extramurally funded faculty to lead CV research programs in key areas (such as stem cell and heart failure) in partnership with the relevant Department Chairs and other Center Directors, as well as a marked increase in NIH-funded research over the next few years.
The CVC Scientific Advisory Committee will help achieve the objectives outlined above. It is comprised of the following MCW Faculty:
- Ivor J. Benjamin, MD, Director of the Cardiovascular Center
- Joseph Besharse, PhD, Chairman of Cell Biology, Neurosciences and Anatomy
- William Campbell, PhD, Chairman of Pharmacology
- Michael Cinquegrani, MD, Director of the Heart and Vascular Service Line
- Douglas Evans, MD, Chairman of Surgery
- Andrew Greene, PhD, Director of the Bioengineering and Biotechnology Center
- David D. Gutterman, MD, Senior Associate Director of the Cardiovascular Center, Professor in Cardiology
- David R. Harder, PhD, Professor of Physiology, Associate Dean for Research Mentoring
- Howard Jacob, PhD, Director of the Human and Molecular Genetics Center
- Elizabeth Jacobs, MD, Professor of Medicine
- David Warltier, MD, Chairman of Anesthesiology
- Gilbert White, MD, Director of Research of Blood Research Center
MCW Cardiovascular Center
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 955-5611 | Fax (414) 456-6515
Cardiovascular Center Site Map