Plans and Projected Outcomes
Plans: Pilot intervention will address access to immunizations utilizing community education and assessments to barriers for populations of children birth to 14 years old. CHIMC will develop a Memorandum of Understanding with the Milwaukee Health Department to share data and resources assisting in the development and implementation of this pilot.
- Increase participant immunization rates above baseline
- Increase knowledge of immunization importance
- Measure intent to change behavior around immunizations compliance
- Identify households with children birth to 14 yrs old who are under immunized.
- Engage parents in immunization education (why immunizations are still relevant and important) Conduct Pre/Post test to determine if knowledge was gained, measure intent to change (via survey) and assess barriers to immunizations (via survey).
- Conduct home visits in households identified by partner CBO’s and Healthcare Agency.
- Engage parents in one-on-one immunization education.
- Track immunization compliance rates 6-9 months after initiation of intervention.