The Midwest Ethics Committee Network (MECN)
MECN is a membership organization that was established by the Medical College of Wisconsin's Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities in 1987 to support and enhance the functioning of Wisconsin health care ethics committees. Over the years membership has grown to include members from several other states. MECN provides bioethics resources, services, and educational opportunities that enable its members to network and stay up to date on important bioethics topics.
Benefits of Membership in MECN
All members of MECN receive:
- Reduced rates on registration at Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities-sponsored educational programs and conferences
- Subscription to the quarterly "MECN Newsletter"
- Access to the MECN Online Discussion Forum
- Access to institutional ethics committees' policies and model policies written by Bioethics Center faculty
- Use of the MECN Video Library
- A manual for ethics committee members
- Consultation with medical ethics experts on difficult cases
- Access to the MECN Speakers Bureau
- Annotated anthologies of landmark articles addressing ethical issues in clinical care, managed care, pediatrics, and long-term care
- A compilation of statutes related to bioethics topics
- Opportunities to network with other individuals and groups involved in ethics committees and ethics issues.
Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 955-6511 (fax)
Maps & Directions