The Office of the Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement and the Community Engagement Core thanks everyone for attending MCW’s third annual Community Engagement Week for another successful year of sessions to facilitate education, networking, recognition and promotion of Community Engagement to strengthen community and academic collaboration around health by exploring and growing our common ground to improve the lives of Wisconsin Communities.
Check back soon to reflect on items from the week!
Five Key Areas of Social Determinants:
- Economic Stability: poverty, employment, food security, housing stability
- Education: high school graduation, enrollment in higher education, language and literacy, early childhood education and development
- Social and Community Context: social cohesion, civic participation, discrimination, incarceration
- Health and Health Care: access to health care, access to primary care, health literacy
- Neighborhood and Built Environment: access to healthy foods, quality of housing, crime and violence, environmental conditions
Check out the conference agenda overview for session times and topics!
Community Engagement Week 2017 Timeline
The Medical College of Wisconsin's annual Community Engagement Week is tailored for MCW faculty, practitioners, staff, students as well as local community organizations. By attending the variety of activities and presentations offered by this conference, participants will:
- Gain a better, overall, awareness of community engagement programs and research effort
- Discuss community issues and lessons learned from engagement within different settings/populations
- Network, collaborate and explore current and potential opportunities for community engagement
- Learn how community engagement can be integrated into all of MCW’s Missions and beyond
- Expand the community engagement efforts and reach locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Recognize the recipients of the President’s Community Engagement Award and highlight their work within the community
Medical College of Wisconsin
Office of Senior Associate Dean for Community Engagement
Oakwood Center, Suite 2400
10361 Innovation Drive, Suite 2400
P.O. Box 26509
Milwaukee WI 53226-0509
Maps & Directions