College application deadline: Priority deadline September 1 of each year. The final deadline is October 1.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be from a background that is underrepresented in medicine
- Have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA (high school GPA for Freshmen, college GPA for Sophomores or higher)
- Attending an accredited college in Wisconsin
- Ability to travel to the MCW Milwaukee campus for at least five of the six Science Saturdays each year
HOW DO I APPLY?
Complete the online application
Upload your current resume/CV
Upload high school (for new freshmen) or college transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted)
Have two teachers, professors, advisors, or other influential adults complete and submit a recommendation form
To be considered for the first session of the year, applications must be completed by September 1 of each academic year. Skype or in-person interview may be required.
*Please Note: Children of MCW faculty and staff are not eligible to apply for StEP-UP.