Emergency Medicine Research Forum
The 24th Annual Research Forum will be held on April 14, 2016
This one-day regional meeting takes place every spring. Visiting professor John G. Younger will discuss how new science and technology are publicly and privately supported in the U.S. and review the amount of funding typically needed at various stages of both a new idea and a new career. The Forum is intended for emergency medicine faculty, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses, other health care professionals, and researchers.
2016 Visiting Professor: John G. Younger, MD
John G. Younger, MD is the Chief Technology Officer at Akadeum Life Sciences, Inc., an early-stage biotech company focused on using cell-material interactions to bring to market a new means of capturing and manipulating live cells.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Abstract Deadline: Thursday, March 10, 2016
Accepted abstracts will require a 10-minute oral presentation, followed by a 4-minute discussion period.
- Abstracts will NOT be accepted after 3 p.m. on Thursday, March 10, 2016
- Abstracts must be submitted as a word document to email@example.com
- Abstracts should consist of no more than 350 words
- Abstracts should be structured with an Objective or Hypothesis, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
Your submission must contain:
- Abstract title
- List of author(s), with academic degrees and affiliation(s)
- List any relevant conflicts of interest, or state “The author(s) have no relevant conflicts of interest.”
- Presenter’s name and whether they are a faculty member, fellow, resident, student, or other (specify)
- Best Overall Presentation
- Best Resident/Fellow Presentation
- Best Student Presentation
- Best Poster Presentation
- Best Scholarly Activity Presentation
- Career Development Award
Preliminary Research Forum Tentative Schedule
7:30 a.m. Registration (continental breakfast)
8 a.m. Research Presentations
12:15p.m. Presentation by John G. Younger, MD (lunch provided)
1:45 p.m. Research Poster Session
2:45 p.m. Awards Presentation
For questions or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org