Emergency Medicine Research Forum
The 25th Annual Research Forum will be held on April 6, 2017
This one-day regional meeting takes place every spring. Visiting professor Karen Brasel will discuss knowledge gaps and how to improve the care of geriatric trauma patients. Visiting professor Lewis R. Goldfrank will discuss guiding philosophic principles for research in emergency medicine, significant events in the development of emergency medicine research, and the intimate role of emergency medicine in advancing public health and public policy. The Forum is intended for emergency medicine faculty, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses, other health care professionals, and researchers.
2017 Visiting Professors
Karen Brasel, MD, MPH, FACS is the General Surgery Residency Program Director and Vice Chair of Education at the Oregon Health & Science University.
Lewis R. Goldfrank, MD is the Herbert W. Adams Professor of the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Emergency Medicine at New York University.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Abstract Deadline: Monday, February 27, 2017
Accepted abstracts will require a 10-minute oral presentation, followed by a 4-minute discussion period.
- Abstracts will NOT be accepted after 3 p.m. on Monday, February 27, 2017
- Abstracts must be submitted as a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts should consist of no more than 350 words
- Abstracts should be structured with an Objective or Hypothesis, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
Your submission must contain:
- Abstract title
- List of author(s), with academic degrees and affiliation(s)
- List any relevant conflicts of interest, or state “The author(s) have no relevant conflicts of interest.”
- Presenter’s name and whether they are a faculty member, fellow, resident, student, or other (specify)
- Best Overall Presentation
- Best Resident/Fellow Presentation
- Best Student Presentation
- Best Poster Presentation
- Best Scholarly Activity Presentation
- Career Development Award
Preliminary Research Forum Tentative Schedule
7:30 a.m. Registration (continental breakfast)
8 a.m. Research Presentations
9 a.m. Presentation by Karen Brasel, MD, MPH, FACS
12:30 p.m. Research Poster Session (lunch provided)
1:30 p.m. Presentation by Lewis R. Goldfrank, MD
3 p.m. Awards Presentation
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com