Emergency Medicine Research Forum
The 25th Annual Research Forum was held on April 6, 2017
This one-day regional meeting takes place every spring. Visiting professor Karen Brasel will discuss knowledge gaps and how to improve the care of geriatric trauma patients. Visiting professor Lewis R. Goldfrank will discuss guiding philosophic principles for research in emergency medicine, significant events in the development of emergency medicine research, and the intimate role of emergency medicine in advancing public health and public policy. The Forum is intended for emergency medicine faculty, fellows, residents, medical students, nurses, other health care professionals, and researchers.
2017 Visiting Professors
Karen Brasel, MD, MPH, FACS is the General Surgery Residency Program Director and Vice Chair of Education at the Oregon Health & Science University.
Lewis R. Goldfrank, MD is the Herbert W. Adams Professor of the Ronald O. Perelman Department of Emergency Medicine at New York University.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Best Overall Presentation – Michelle Pickett, MD, MS; ‘Will Nameless Expedited Partner Therapy Prescriptions be Filled at Milwaukee County Pharmacies?’
- Best Resident/Fellow Presentation – David Vyles, DO; ‘Detection of True Penicillin Allergy in Children Presenting to a Pediatric Emergency Department’
- Best Student Presentation – John Owen, BSN, RN; ‘Improving HIV Testing in Froedtert’s Emergency Department’ and Robert Heffernan, BS; ‘Comparing the Accuracy of Mass Casualty Triage Systems in a Pediatric Population’
- Best Poster Presentation – Heeje Jeon, DPH-4; ‘Single Dose Vancomycin in Patients Discharged from the Emergency Department’
- Career Development Award – Nicholas Kuehnel, MD; ‘Improving Communication Consistency and Family Satisfaction in a Pediatric Emergency Department Measured Using an In-Person Survey’
- Best Scholarly Activity Presentation – Thomas Grawey, DO; ‘Determining a Need for Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS) in Helicopter EMS’
For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com