Graduate Medical Education

EmailEmail    |   Bookmark Page Bookmark  |   RSS Feeds RSS  |   Print Page Print  

Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc.

Wisconsin Medical License Process Guide

* Incoming housestaff who will have completed two prior years of GME are expected to obtain an unrestricted Wisconsin license prior to starting with MCWAH.

Housestaff must have an unrestricted Wisconsin license before entering into a third year of GME accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or in Canada accredited by the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) or the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). 
If one year of GME was completed prior to coming to the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (MCWAH), an unrestricted license must be obtained within one year after starting in a MCWAH program. *

Begin application process in month 3 or 4 of your initial year of GME (Step 3 can be taken as early as month 11 of internship year). 


Step-by-Step Instructional Guide

Acronyms and Website Links
© 2014 Medical College of Wisconsin
Page Updated 11/06/2014