EVALUATION OF FACULTY BY THE HOUSESTAFF
1. The ACGME requires that the housestaff periodically evaluate faculty.
2. MCWAH encourages the use of the New Innovations system for the housestaff to evaluate the faculty. If a program chooses another mechanism to collect that data, it must be systematically collected protecting individual housestaff anonymity.
3. In smaller fellowship programs with three or less fellows, the evaluation of each faculty member's teaching by fellows and rotating residents will be combined to protect confidentiality of the evaluators.
4. The program director has primary responsibility for the teaching evaluation data collection and distribution. He/she may designate the program coordinator or other staff for this purpose.
5. The evaluation results must be provided by the division chief or the chairman to each faculty member at least annually.
6. Each program should address any deficiencies identified in the program's teaching evaluations.
This policy was approved by the MCWAH Graduate Medical Education Council on October 20, 2008.