Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc.
1. All ACGME accreditable fellowships must meet the specific requirements of the respective RRC. Prior to submitting an application to the ACGME, the Program Director must submit it to the Executive Director of MCWAH and present it to the Graduate Medical Education Council (GMEC) of MCWAH for local approval. The cover letter to the ACGME will be signed by the Program Director of the fellowship and the Executive Director of MCWAH.
2. For the non-accreditable fellowships, the Program Director must follow these steps:
A. Prepare a description of the fellowship program that includes:
· Length of Training
· Content of Training
· Funding of the Trainee
· Names and Titles of the Faculty
· Research Opportunity
· Impact of the Fellowship on Other MCWAH Training Programs and Trainees
· Qualifications and Recruitment of Trainees
· Job Opportunity for the Trainees after Graduation
· Additional Relevant Information
B. Submit the proposal to the Executive Director of MCWAH and discuss it at a forthcoming meeting of the GMEC to seek its approval.
This policy was approved by the MCWAH Graduate Medical Education Council on October 20, 2003.