The MCW's Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine is pleased to introduce the hospitalists, a group of attending physicians primarily dedicated to providing care to patients admitted to the inpatient medicine services at Froedtert Hospital. The group is composed of internists and physician-assistants who focus on the care of the hospitalized patient.
Hospitalist's devote a large portion of their academic careers to inpatient care, inpatient organization and inpatient education of medical students and housestaff. Hospitalists amplify the rich environment of patient care and education already established by the General Internal Medicine Division of the Department of Medicine at MCW / FH. Hospitalists are responsible for working with the inpatient nursing staff, social workers and other hospital staff to create an environment of seamless care to our hospitalized patients. Hospitalists work closely with their peers in the Division of General Internal Medicine in all endeavors both clinically and educationally.
The goals of the hospitalist service are:
- to continuously improve the quality, efficiency, and safety of care for hospitalized patients,
- to continuously improve communication with patients and families,
- to continuously improve communication between physicians, and other healthcare providers, and
- to educate students, residents, patients, families, colleagues, and other health professionals in the principles and practices of evidence based medicine.
View information about our Academic Fellowship in Hospital Medicine.
Division of General Internal Medicine
Department of Medicine
Clinical Cancer Center Building, 5th Floor, Ste. C5400
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 805-0812 | email@example.com
GIM Internal Medicine Clinic
General Internal Medicine Site Map