Joint Degree Programs
Steps to Register for Medical College Courses
Joint Degree Program Students registering for Medical College courses need to complete the following steps:
- Consult the MCW Graduate School Academic Calendar for registration dates. All registrations received beyond the registration period will be assessed a $100 late fee.
- Obtain permission to take a Medical College course from your advisor, the MCW Graduate School office, and the MCW course director.
- Contact the Medical College Graduate School office (414) 955-8218 for registration procedure. If admitted to a joint degree program you will have access to EASI (Electronic Access to Student Information) and be able to register for courses via the web.
- Sign a Medical College Graduate School “Transcript Request Form” so that your transcript will be sent to your home institution upon completion of the Medical College course(s).
Note: All registration requests received will be reviewed by the home institution graduate school before being processed.
Steps for Joint Degree Program Graduation
By December 1 preceding the year in which you intend to graduate, complete the following steps:
- Complete the “Intent to Graduate Form” found at the Medical College Graduate School Web site.
- Remit two photos.
- Final verification of degree completion comes from the Graduate School office in conjunction with the partner institution.
Students who have completed all degree requirements are invited to attend the Dean’s luncheon and annual ceremony held each year in May. Students may choose to attend commencement at either or both institutions. Over the past few years, particularly those students who have completed research or practicum experiences at the Medical College feel a closer identity with Medical College faculty and fellow students, and are more likely to participate at the Medical College commencement.