Program for Undergraduate Research Experience (PURE)
Complete the Application Now
Internships are available in the fall and spring (part-time hours) and the month of January (full-time hours).
Basic Requirements Included:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate student as either a sophomore or junior
- 3.2 GPA or better
- Official college or university transcripts
- Two letter of recommendations (from your undergraduate institution)
- Successful passing of a background check
- Program dates run parallel to your College or Universities semester/term
Interns will be required to spend a minimum of 8 hours a week in the lab for the duration of their internship. Final hours will be determined by participating faculty. Interns will also be required to participate in an orientation session and laboratory safety training prior to their work in the lab.
Applications are reviewed and placement is established one month prior to your start date. Your start date is influenced by your school semester start date.
Departments and faculty participating in the Program for Undergraduate Research Experience include:
This internship program is coordinated through the Recruitment Office. The Recruitment Office is located in the Medical Education Building in room M3080. If you have any questions or would like more information about the internship, please contact the Recruitment Office via phone (414) 955-4402 or e-mail the Recruitment Office.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226-0509
(414) 955-4402 | (414) 955-6555 (fax)