Non-Degree Application Procedure


A student who has not been admitted into a degree-granting program at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Employees of MCW, graduate students from other institutions and individuals considering a graduate study may be enrolled with Non-Degree status. In this classification, the student may take courses and earn graduate credit at the College. However, there is no guarantee that credits earned while a Non-Degree Student will be applicable later toward a degree if the student is admitted into a degree program. Enrollment as a Non-Degree Student requires approval of the Dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and is valid for one (1) year.

Application Fee: $50.00

Non-Degree Students must pay a $50.00 application that covers three consecutive terms. Exceptions to the application fee are Marquette University and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee degree-seeking graduate students who are enrolling for courses at MCW per our reciprocal agreements.

Tuition waivers for faculty, fellows and residents will continue through the 2009 - 2010 academic year but will no longer be available thereafter. This means everyone will have to pay tuition beginning in the Fall 2010.

Academic Records

Non-Degree Student must provide official transcripts of past college and/or university enrollment including the minimum proof of a Bachelor's degree. Failure to provide the official academic records will result in an incomplete application, and no admission.

Deadline for Application

Complete Non-Degree application forms must be on file with the Graduate School by July 1 for Fall Term, November 1st for Spring Term and April 1st for Summer Term.


A Non-Degree Student can only enroll for part-time credit. No Special Student may be enrolled full-time. Part-time credit is less than nine (9) credits during the Fall and Spring semesters and less than six (6) in the Summer session.

MCW Employees

Please refer to the Staff Tuition Reimbursement Policy available from the Benefits office prior to enrolling for any courses at MCW. You must have approval according to this policy to take a course that is to be paid by tuition reimbursement. These arrangements must be in place prior to enrolling in any course.

Marquette University and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Graduate Students

Reciprocal arrangements exist between MCW and these institutions. This enables MCW full-time graduate students to take courses at Marquette* and UW-Milwaukee* at no charge and vice-versa. You must provide a letter of good standing from your institution to the MCW Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences when applying for Non-Degree status.

*Certain criteria exist for these arrangements. Please check with your respective graduate institution to ensure that you meet the criteria for the reciprocity.


Please call the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at (414) 955-8218 or e-mail

Contact Us

Graduate School
(414) 955-8218

Get more information!

Apply online!

Medical College of Wisconsin
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226-0509

Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(414) 955-8296
Directions & Maps
© 2015

Page Updated 09/09/2015