A $50 application fee is required for all applications submitted. Application fee waivers are available to those who meet the following criteria:
- Participated in MCW’s Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) or Program for Undergraduate Research Experience (PURE)
- Received a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate
- Attended a MCW open house (Expo) event
- Participated in a local, state or national program that supports underrepresented student populations (i.e. McNair Scholars, WisCAMP, etc.)
- Attended and presented at a regional or national conference/meeting (i.e. ABRCMS, Experimental Biology, etc.)
Supporting documentation may be required to verify fee waiver eligibility.
Arrange for your official transcript to be sent to the MCW Graduate School from your current or any previously attended college/university. Official transcripts must be in an original, sealed envelope or sent electronically from a certified service provider. Electronic transcripts may be accepted from institutions that subscribe to the following services:
Ensure that a recommendation letter and the accompanying recommendation form is submitted to the MCW Graduate School from each of your letter of recommendation letter writers. Once you enter your recommenders’ names and email addresses in our online application system and save your progress, an email will be sent to them with a link to a portal where they can submit their letter and form. Letters of recommendation and recommendations forms can also be submitted directly from the letter writer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.