Joshua Field, MD, MS
Assistant Professor Medicine
Associate Medical Director at the Blood Center of Wisconsin
Dr. Joshua Field is an Associate Medical Director at the Blood Center of Wisconsin and an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology and Oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Field specializes in the treatment of sickle cell disease and other benign hematological disorders at Froedtert Hospital and the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Dr. Field graduated medical school from the University of Iowa. He completed an internal medicine residency and fellowships in hematology and transfusion medicine at Washington University in St. Louis, where he was chief resident in internal medicine and chief fellow in hematology and oncology. Dr. Field is board certified in internal medicine and hematology. His research focuses on pulmonary complications in sickle cell disease.
1. Goers T, Panepinto J, Blinder M, DeBaun M, Foglia R, Field JJ. Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery in Children with Sickle Cell Disease is Associated with a Shorter Hospital Stay and Similar Rate of Post-Operative Sickle Cell Disease Complications, Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 2008 Mar;5(3):603-6.
2. Field JJ, Glassberg J, Gilmore A, Howard J, Patankar S, Eng B, Yan Y, Davis S, DeBaun M, Strunk R. Longitudinal Analysis of Pulmonary Function in Adults with Sickle Cell Disease, American Journal of Hematology, 2008 Jul;83(7):574-6.
3. Field JJ, Austin P, An P, Yan Y, DeBaun M. Enuresis is a common and persistent problem among children and young adults with sickle cell anemia, Urology, 2008 Jul;72(1):81-4.
4. Jennings J, Ramkumar T, Mao J, Boyd J, Castro M, Field JJ, Strunk R, DeBaun M. Elevated Urinary Leukotriene E4 Levels are Associated with Hospitalization for Pain in Children with Sickle Cell Disease, American Journal of Hematology, 2008 Aug;83(8):640-3.
5. Field JJ, DeBaun M, Yan Y, Strunk R. Growth of Lung Function in Children with Sickle Cell Anemia, Pediatric Pulmonology, 2008 Nov;43(11):1061-6.
6. Field JJ, Macklin E, Yan Y, Strunk R, DeBaun M. Sibling History of Asthma is a Risk Factor for Pain in Children with Sickle Cell Anemia, American Journal of Hematology, 2008 Nov;83(11):855-7.
7. Field JJ, Krings J, White NL, Yan Y, Blinder MA, Strunk RC, DeBaun MR. Urinary Cysteinyl Leukotriene E4 is Associated with Increased Risk for Pain and Acute Chest Syndrome in Adults with Sickle Cell Disease, American Journal of Hematology, 2008 Mar;84(3):158-160.
8. Field JJ, Strunk RC, Knight-Perry J, Blinder MA, Townsend R, DeBaun MR. Urinary Cysteinyl Leukotriene E4 Significantly Increases During Pain in Children and Adults with Sickle Cell Disease, American Journal of Hematology, 2009 Apr;84(4):231-3.
9. Knight-Perry JE, Field JJ, DeBaun MR, Stocks J, Kirby J, Strunk RC. Hospital Admission for Acute Painful Episode Following Methacholine Challenge in an Adolescent with Sickle Cell Disease, Pediatric Pulmonology, 2009, 44(7):728-30.
10. Frei-Jones M, Field JJ, DeBaun M. Multi-modal Intervention and Prospective Implementation of Standardized Sickle Cell Pain Admission Orders Reduces 30-Day Readmission Rate, Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 2009, 53(3):401-5.
11. Wallace KL, Marshall MA, Ramos SI, Lannigan JA, Field JJ, Strieter RM, Linden J. NKT cells mediate pulmonary inflammation and dysfunction in murine sickle cell disease through production of IFN-γ and CXCR3 chemokines. Blood, 2009, 114(3):667-676.
12. Field JJ, Madadi A, Siegel M, Narra V. Pulmonary thrombi are not detected by 3D magnetic resonance angiography in adults with sickle cell anemia and an elevated tricuspid regurgitant jet velocity. American Journal of Hematology, 2009, 84(10):686-688.
13. Cohen RT, DeBaun MR, Blinder MA, Strunk RC, Field JJ. Smoking is associated with an increased risk of acute chest syndrome and pain in adults with sickle cell disease. Blood, 2010, 115(118): 3852-3854.
14. Field JJ, Stocks J, Kirkham FJ, Rosen CL, Dietzen DJ, Semon T, Kirkby J, Bates P, Seicean S, DeBaun MR, Redline S, Strunk RC. Airway hyper-responsiveness in children with sickle cell anemia. Chest, 2010, in press.
15. Field JJ, Horst J, Strunk RC, White FV, DeBaun MR. Death due to asthma in two adolescents with sickle cell disease. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 2010, in press.