Smitha Menon, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Dr. Smitha Menon is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Hematology and Oncology who joined the faculty in January 2011. She graduated from Stanley Medical College, Chennai, India and did her internship at the University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT. She went on to complete her internal medicine residency in addition to a hematology/oncology fellowship, at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN graduating in 2007. She practiced for two years at the Park Nicollet Clinic in Minneapolis, MN. She is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology. Dr. Menon’s area of clinical interest is in the treatment of thoracic malignancies which includes lung cancers, thymomas, carcinoids and mesothelioma. She is involved in clinical trials evaluating new drugs and novel strategies in lung cancer.
1. S. L. Wolf, R. Qin, S. P. Menon, K. M. Rowland, J. W. Kugler, P. J. Flynn, D. Christian, D. Satele, J. L. Berenberg, C. L. Loprinzi. Evaluation of a urea/lactic acid-based topical keratolytic agent (ULABTKA) for prevention of capecitabine-induced hand and foot syndrome (HFS): NCCTG trial N05C5. JCO 2010 Dec10; 28(35):5182-7
2. Menon SP, Rajkumar SV, Lacy M, Falco P, Palumbo A. Thromboembolic events with lenalidomide based therapy for multiple myeloma. Cancer. 2008 Apr 1;112(7):1522-8.
Menon S, Habermann T, Witzig T. Lenalidomide associated hypothyroidism. Leuk Lymphoma. 2007 Dec;48(12):2465-7.
3. Sargent DJ, Patiyil S et al: Endpoints for colon cancer adjuvant trials: observations and recommendations based on individual patient data from 20,898 patients enrolled onto 18 randomized Trials from the ACCENT group. J Clin Oncol. 2007 Oct 10;25(29):4569-74.
4. Patiyil S, Alberts SR, Metastatic colorectal cancer: Therapeutic options, Curr Treat Options Oncol, 2006 Sep;7(5):389-98.
5. Patiyil S, Chan NS, Jatoi A, New Agents, New Rashes: An Update on Skin Complications from Chemotherapy. Curr Oncol Rep; 2006 Jul;8(4):269-74.
6. Patiyil S, Jatoi A. Tumor Necrosis Factor in the Management of Cancer Associated Weight Loss Syndrome. 1st ed CRC Pr, 2005: 473-487 ISBN 0-8493-3379-2.