Kathryn Bylow, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Dr. Kathryn Bylow joined the faculty at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2007 as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Hematology and Oncology. She specializes in genitourinary malignancies (prostate cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer and testicular cancer). She also has expertise in caring for older cancer patients and is Board certified in both medical oncology and geriatrics.
A native of Milwaukee, Dr. Bylow received her medical degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2000 and went on to obtain her internal medicine residency training at Vanderbilt University. She completed her fellowship training in both medical oncology and geriatrics at the University of Chicago during which time she received the American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award for her work studying the link between prostate cancer treatment and the development of frailty in older men. Her current research interests include investigator-initiated research evaluating treatment-related toxicities in older men with prostate cancer. She is also the principal investigator of several clinical trials evaluating the use of novel drugs in prostate, kidney, and bladder cancer.
1. Mohile SG, Bylow KA, Dale W, Dignam J, Martin K, Petrylak D, Stadler WM, Rodin MB. A Pilot Study of the Vulnerable Elders Survey-13 (VES-13) as Compared to the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA) for Identifying Disability in Older Prostate Cancer Patients Receiving Androgen Ablation. Cancer 2007; 109(4):802-10.
2. Ryan CW, Bylow K, Demers LM, Stadler WM, Henderson TO, Vogelzang NJ. Suppression of bone density loss and bone turnover in patients with hormone-sensitive prostate cancer and receiving zoledronic acid. BJU International 2007; 100(1):70-5.
3. Bylow KA, Mohile SG, Stadler WM, Dale W. Does androgen ablation therapy induce frailty in older prostate cancer patients? A conceptual Review. Cancer 2007; 110(12):2604-13.
4. Bylow KA, Dale W, Mustain K, Stadler WM, Rodin M, Hall W, Lachs M, Mohile SG.
Falls and Physical Performance Deficits in Older Prostate Cancer Patients Undergoing Androgen Deprivation Therapy. Urology 2008; 72(2):422-7.
5. Bylow KA, Atkins MB, Posadas EM, Stadler WM, McDermott DF. Trial of Carboplatin and Paclitaxel in Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, Accepted for publication.
Best Doctors® and the star-in-cross logo are registered trademarks of Best Doctors, Inc. in the United States and other countries.