The Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc.
The Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc. (MCWAH) was formed in August 1979 to facilitate administration of the multi-institution education programs. Specifically, the corporation was created to employ the house staff and to provide their stipends and fringe benefits while enrolled in programs of graduate medical and dental education, which are conducted jointly by the Medical College of Wisconsin and its affiliated institutions. Additionally, MCWAH oversees accreditation of its training programs.
MCWAH is governed by a Board of Directors, which comprises of two senior administrators from each member institution. MCWAH's administrative services are provided through the Office of Graduate Medical Education at MCW.
The MCWAH Office is located in Suite 170 on the lower level, north end of Curative Care Network, 1000 N. 92 Street. The phone number is (414) 456-4575. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, view the Graduate Medical Education Web site.
The mailing address is:
Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc.
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
There are presently 100 residency and fellowship programs conducted jointly by MCW and its affiliated institutions through MCWAH. Each program is supervised and directed by a Program Director. The Program Director, with advice from the Program Advisory Committee and other members of the faculty, is responsible for the selection, supervision, training, evaluation and advancement of residents in the program.
A Graduate Medical Education Council, comprised of program directors of the residency programs and senior administrators from the major affiliates, meets regularly to consider matters common to all programs, to foster interdisciplinary cooperation and to coordinate graduate medical education at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Three residents, elected by their peers, also serve on the Council.