ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine from Elsevier featuring books, medical journals, images, videos, First Consult content and much more.
- 1,400+ Topic Pages
- 1,000+ Elsevier medical books
- 600+ Elsevier medical journals
- 50+ Clinics - full text medical and surgical review articles
- 2.2 million+ medical images for use in presentations and handouts
- 300+ Procedures Consult articles and associated videos
- 17,000+ Elsevier medical videos
- 850+ First Consult point-of-care clinical monographs
- 2,900+ drug monographs from Gold Standard
- 15,000+ customizable patient education handouts in both English and Spanish, where available
- 4,500+ Practice Guidelines
- Fully indexed, searchable clinical trials retrieved daily from the clinicaltrials.gov database
Filter search results: Filter results by source type, study type, specialty, and date.
View search history: View your search history to review or retry recent searches, including any filters you may have applied.
Presentation Maker: Export images to PowerPoint presentations. Presentation Maker will automatically insert citation information for each exported image. The MCW Libraries subscription permits affiliated users to print or download content from the site for your own personal, non-commercial, informational or scholarly use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Saved Content: Save content for access later or share it with other ClinicalKey subscribers. Add tags to organize the content.
CME Credit: Physicians may earn 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit for each search conducted through ClinicalKey. CME credit is provided by the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education.
A personal account is required to access book PDFs, Presentation Maker, and other personalized features. The First Consult App for use with Apple devices accepts ClinicalKey account login credentials.
1) Login: If you already registered for an account on one of the Library’s other Elsevier subscriptions such as ScienceDirect or Scopus use those login credentials (username and password) for signing into ClinicalKey.
2) Register: You must create your personal account on a computer connected to the College network either on campus or off campus while logged into the proxy server. Go to ClinicalKey and click on the Register link on the upper right side of the page.
NEW - ClinicalKey App
Elsevier released a ClinicalKey app on November 20, 2015. No in-depth information is available yet from Elsevier beyond what is provided on iTunes and Google Play. The app is in development so there may be some technical difficulties using it. Features include persistent login, intuitive search with auto-suggest, ability to bookmark and save items, and access to books, journals, guidelines, multimedia and more. Please use your ClinicalKey account to download the app.
Clinical Key: How it Works
ClinicalKey is available from the MCW Libraries All Databases page.
For questions about ClinicalKey, contact MCW Libraries Reference at (414) 955-8302 or email@example.com.
MCW Libraries. Link. Learn. Lead.