BadgerLink: MCW Libraries' Resource of the Month for April 2014
Apr. 9, 2014 - BadgerLink is Wisconsin’s online library which provides access to licensed content such as magazines, newspapers, scholarly articles, videos, images, and music. These resources are provided exclusively for use by all Wisconsin residents and are materials that are not available through regular search engines such as Google.
Provides access to a broad base of resources, including:
- 8,000+ full text magazines and journals
- More than one billion full text newspaper articles from 1607 to the present
- 3,100 royalty-free songs and sound effects
- Primary sources including firsthand accounts
- Reference books, encyclopedias, photos, animations, and videos
- Alternative health and wellness materials
- Consumer health information
- Premier business information
- Social sciences material
- Business writing and interviewing tutorials, and company profiles
Current content providers include:
- Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc.
- Gale/Cengage Learning
- Heritage Microfilm, Inc.
- LearningExpress, LLC
- Soundzabound Music
- TeachingBooks.net, LLC
- Visual Learning Systems
- Wisconsin Media Lab
- Wisconsin Newspaper Association
BadgerLink is managed by the Resources for Libraries and Lifelong Learning team within the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Division for Libraries and Technology, in cooperation with public, school, academic, special libraries, and Internet Service Providers. The resource is available from the MCW Libraries’ All Databases page.
For more information, contact the MCW Libraries at (414) 955-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCW Libraries. Link. Learn. Lead.