July's Todd Wehr Library Displays
July 14, 2014 - The July displays have been up for a couple of weeks, but they will be available for a couple more! If you haven't yet done so, stop by the library and take a look at them before August 1.
Books featured in the display cases are available to check out. Please contact MCW Libraries at (414) 955-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
South Display - Founders in Medicine
The Founders of Medicine display highlights the achievements within the field of medicine throughout history. The display covers innovations from physicians in Ancient Egypt, Europe during the Renaissance, as well as more recent discoveries and advancements.
North Display: Summer Reading
This display features recent additions to the MCW Libraries' Humanities and Bioethics collections. Items on display include:
"Call the midwife" - a BBC period drama series about a group of nurse midwives working in the East End of London in the 1950s.
"Anatomies : A Cultural History of the Human Body" - a Booklist reviewer writes "the book is crammed with curiosities: the recipe for shrinking and preserving a human head, body-snatchers, phrenology, synesthesia (a sort of mingling of the senses), and Einstein’s brain. Aldersey-Williams has us think about the variety of body parts that have infiltrated common idioms: elbow grease, nose around, fight tooth and nail. The enjoyable and unpredictable text is sprinkled with illustrations and concludes with musings on self-transformation..."
"Haiku in English: the first hundred years" - an anthology of more than 800 poems that were originally written in English by over 200 poets from around the world.
Inside Display: New Safari E-Book Titles from MCW Libraries
Check out the new e-book titles from MCW Libraries! Our Safari Books Online subscription includes 100 computer technology and Human Resource titles. Use this resource to answer questions about databases, networking, operating systems, programming and the Internet. Select business reference books such as 10 Minute Guide to Getting Organized and 10 Minute Guide to Effective Business Writing are also included.
Access Safari Books Online on our All Databases page.
New titles added in May 2014:
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
- Leadership and Self-Deception
- On Becoming a Leader
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- What Matters Now: How to Win in a World of Relentless Change, Ferocious Competition, and Unstoppable Innovation
- Oracle PL/SQL Programming, 6th ed.
- Active Directory Cookbook, 4th ed.
- Active Directory, 5th ed.
- Oracle Essentials, 5th ed.
- Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- iPhone: The Missing Manual
- Facebook Marketing for Dummies
- Excel Dashboards and Reports
- Wireless Networking Absolute Beginner’s Guide
MCW Libraries. Link. Learn. Lead.