MRI Safety Training
MRI Safety Training Procedure
To begin the training you must be enrolled into the MRI Safety Training Course on the Medical College of Wisconsin Desire2Learn (D2L) program. To obtain access to D2L complete and submit the Application for MRI Safety Training.
Initial MRI Safety Training
There are three steps to the initial MRI Safety Training
1. Complete the Introduction to MRI Safety Training on D2L.
Successful completion of the quiz is a score of (80% or higher)
2. Attend the MRI Safety classroom session.
3. Complete the Post Classroom activities and Final Exam (access is allowed after attending the class)
- Review the material in the Post Classroom Module on D2L which includes the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete and submit the Final Exam.
Successful completion of the Post Classroom Session Final Exam (80% or higher) concludes the initial MRI safety training.
A renewal of MRI safety training is required after one year of the initial training and then annually. The training is available on the D2L system for those who are enrolled in the MRI Safety Training program. Compliance requires an annual renewal.
Safety Training Questions
Julie Peay, BSM RT (R)(MR), FSMRT
MRI Program Manager
Department of Biophysics
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53226-0509