Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Events and Announcements
Graduate School Luncheon
- Date: Friday May 19, 2017
- Time: noon
- Location: Milwaukee Theatre – Plankinton Hall, 500 West Kilbourn Avenue
- RSVPs: Advance RSVPs are required. Reservation deadline is April 14, 2017. Invitations with menu and cost details will be mailed to graduation candidates and faculty mentors in early March
- Attire: Business Professional
PhD Hooding Ceremony
- Hooding of PhD Candidates will take place during the luncheon
- Candidates and Mentors will receive details regarding the hooding ceremony via email
- Photos: Lifetouch Photography will be present at the luncheon to capture the luncheon and students as they are being hooded. To access photographs after the event, visit www.events.lifetouch.com.
- Lodging: For information regarding hotels/motels and parking in the area please refer to the links above provided under the general information MCW Commencement section. There are several graduations and events in the downtown area as well as new construction, please take this into consideration when planning travel and arrival time to the Milwaukee Theatre.
- Contact: The Graduate School can be contacted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone (414) 955-8218 with questions.
Medical School Events and Announcements
Medical School Hooding Ceremony (optional)
- Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017
- Time: 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Milwaukee Theatre, 500 West Kilbourn Avenue
- Tickets: No tickets are required. Seating is first come, first serve.
- Details: The Medical Student Hooding Ceremony is an optional ceremony for Medical Students. Advanced signup is required for students to participate. The hooding ceremony signifies a scholarly personal achievement. The student may select a graduated member (senior leaders, faculty and special hooders) of the profession to place the hood on the student as a symbol of their passage from student status to graduate status.
- Photos: Lifetouch Photography will be present at the PhD Hooding Ceremony to capture photos of students as they are hooded. To access photographs after the event, visit www.events.lifetouch.com.
Medical School Senior Dinner (optional)