Doctor of Medicine Degree – Medical College of Wisconsin
Residency, Anesthesiology – Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
Certificate in Medical Management – Carnegie Mellon University
American Board of Anesthesiologists
Refereed Journal Publications / Original Papers:
- Connolly LA: "Anesthetic management of obstructive sleep apnea patients." J Clin Anes 3(11,12):461-469, 1991.
- *Yonker-Sell A, Connolly LA. “Twelve hours anesthesia in a patient with epidermolysis bullosa.” Can J Anaesth 42(8):1-5, 1995.
- *Yonker-Sell A, Connolly LA. "Mortality during transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt placement." Anesthesiology 84(1):231-233, 1996.
- Lauer K, Connolly LA, Schmeling W. "Opioid sedation does not alter intracranial pressure in head injured patients." Can J Anaesth 44(9):1-5,1997.
- Woehlck, H.J., Dunning, M.B., Connolly, L.A. "Reduction in the incidence of carbon monoxide exposures in humans undergoing general anesthesia." Anesthesiology 87(2):228-234, 1997
- Woodson, B.T., Feroah, T., Connolly, L.A., Toohill, R.J. “A method to evaluate upper airway mechanics following intervention in snorers.” American Journal of Otolaryngology 18(5):306-14,1997.
- Woehlck, H.J., Connolly, L.A., Cinquegrani, M.P., Dunning, M.B. “Acute smoking increases ST depression in humans during general anesthesia.” Anesthesia and Analgesia 89:856-60, 1999.
- Woehlck, H, Otterson, MF, Yun, H, Connolly, LA, , et al “Acetazolamide Reduces Referred Postoperative Pain after Laparoscopy Surgery with Carbon Dioxide Insufflation”, Anesthesiology 99:924-8, 2003
- Sakai, EM, Connolly, L.A., Klauck, JA “ Inhalation anesthesiology and volatile liquid anesthetics: Focus on isoflurane, desflurane and sevoflurane” Pharmacotherapy 25(12):1773-88, 2005.
- *Stucke, AG, Riess, ML, Connolly, LA. “Hemoglobin M (Milwaukee) affects arterial oxygen saturation and makes pulse oximetry unreliable.” Anesthesiology,:104:887-8, 2006
- El-Orbany, M, Connolly, LA. “Rapid Sequence Induction and Intubation: Current Controversy.” Anesthesia and Analgesia, 110:1318-1325, 2010
Book Chapters & Reviews:
- Lauer K, Connolly LA. "Anesthesia for minimally invasive surgery." Laparoscopic and Thoracoscopic Surgery Mosby,1994.
- Connolly, L.A. "Unstable C-spine, Atlanto-axial Subluxation" Complications in Anesthesia Atlee editor W.B. Saunders Company, 1998.
- Connolly, L.A. "Unstable C-spine, Atlanto-axial Subluxation" Complications in Anesthesia Atlee editor W.B. Saunders Company, 2005
- *Linn, KA, Connolly, L.A. “Preoperative Evaluation and Anesthetic Considerations” Clinical Review of Bariatric Surgery Goldblatt editor Catalyst Publishers, 2011
- Gollapudy, S, Connolly, L.A. "Unstable C-spine" Complications in Anesthesia Fleisher editor, Elsevier, in progress 2015
- Gollapudy, S, Connolly, L.A. “Intracranial Aneurysms: Rebleeding” Complications in Anesthesia Fleisher editor, Elsevier, in progress 2016