Medical School

EmailEmail    |   Bookmark Page Bookmark  |   RSS Feeds RSS  |   Print Page Print  

Academic Records

Medical student academic records are available for review in the Office of the Registrar during normal business hours as dictated by federal law and in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Contained in the academic file are copies of grades/evaluations submitted by each course director, correspondence pertinent to academic honors, leaves-of-absence, actions taken by the Academic Standing Committee and some but not all extra-curricular activities. The AMCAS application and undergraduate transcripts are also part of the student's file. These transcripts are protected by federal law and cannot be duplicated or sent to other institutions.

Copies of documents originated at MCW and housed in the academic file are available for .10 per copy. This does not include MCAT scores, AMCAS applications, undergraduate transcripts or USMLE scores. These agencies should be contacted directly.

Change of Name

A change of name on academic records can be done only if a student is currently enrolled. Students who have graduated or are no longer enrolled cannot make a change of name to their academic records. These records bear the name of the student at the time they separated from the College.

To facilitate a change of name on academic records, a copy of the original court document (i.e. marriage license, divorce decree, etc.) is needed. A change of name form must be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. This form must be completed and notarized and a copy of the documentation should be attached to the change of name form when returned to the Office of the Registrar.
© 2014 Medical College of Wisconsin
Page Updated 12/19/2014