Global Health Survey
The purpose of the MCWAH Global Health Survey was to inform MCWAH leadership and the MCW Office of Global Health on global health activities within the MCWAH residency and fellowship training programs.
Director Survey Results (PDF)
Resident and Fellow Survey Results (PDF)
Department of Pediatrics Global Health Program an integral part of the Pediatric and Med/Peds Residency Programs. Established in 2007, the primary goals of the program are to:
- Develop culturally appropriate curriculum that equips residents to provide compassionate and evidence-based medical care in areas with limited resources
- Assist with choosing and preparing for international electives that cater to each resident’s career goals and personal interests
- Optimize global health education opportunities both here and abroad
- Ensure safe international elective experiences for all trainees
- Improve the health of children in developing countries through collaborative partnerships with our Department of Pediatrics and international sites.
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Elective in Italy:
- The department offers an offsite elective with Dr. Daniela Jurisic, an MCW - PM&R alumnus, Assistant Clinical Professor and Dr. Cristiano Gandini, volunteer faculty who live in Italy. This one-month clinical experience will expose the senior resident (2 per year) to previously unencountered philosophies concerning the treatment of acute and chronic disabling pain, and will encourage the resident to continue critical re-appraisal of his/her practice methods by confrontation with a different cultural setting.
Stephen Hargarten, MD, MPH
Associate Dean for Global Health
Professor and Chair of Emergency Medicine
Director of the Injury Research Center
at the Medical College of Wisconsin
Tifany Frazer, MPH
Interim Program Coordinator