PCOR Seed Grants Program
Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research (PCOR) requests proposals for Seed Grants
The Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research (PCOR) is pleased to offer two seed grant opportunities for FY2017. The goal of this funding mechanism is to generate preliminary data needed to seek extramural funding for projects aligned with the mission of PCOR:
To conduct cutting-edge research on the provision of effective and efficient patient care services and on related health outcomes.
Applicants will be asked to relate project goals to the research priorities of PCOR:
- Examine and improve outcomes that are important to patients, including determining the patient perspective regarding benefits and harms of diagnostic, therapeutic, or health delivery system interventions for disease prevention and chronic care.
- Develop novel methods and approaches to measurement and assessment of patient-centered dimensions of outcomes research.
- Examine barriers to improving patient-centered outcomes in clinical practice, with a particular goal of ameliorating disparities in adoption of high-quality practices.
Two grants, of $30,000 each for one year, will be awarded with a start date of March 1, 2017. The Principal Investigators must hold full-time or full-professional effort status at the Medical College of Wisconsin and have demonstrated an area of expertise that will allow them to do the proposed work; PIs and key personnel must be, or become, members of PCOR.
- October 17, 2016 – Letter of Intent (non-binding) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m.
- Subject line should be PCOR Seed Grant 2017 LOI.
- The LOI should include the name of the Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators, the project title, and a 1-2 sentence description of the project.
- PCOR staff will use the LOI to schedule the appropriate number of reviewers.
- November 7, 2016– Application due to email@example.com by 5 pm.
- March 1, 2017 – Anticipated start date of funding
Forms and information for the PCOR 2017 Seed Grant applications are provided via the links below:
You will need to download and save the forms onto your computer.
Previous recipients of PCOR Seed Grants can be found here.
Questions? Please contact Jeanne Tyszka (414-955-7431), Clinical Research Coordinator, Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research (PCOR).