Dr. Shailesh B. Patel is Chief of Endocrinology. He attended Oxford University, UK for his undergraduate (BA Physiological Sciences), medical (BM, ChB) and post-graduate training (DPhil).
Dr. Patel is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology. He is an elected fellow of both the Royal College of Medicine and of the American Society for Clinical Investigation.
Education / Training
- Residency in Internal Medicine - Freeman and Newcastle General Hospitals - Newcastle-U-Tyne, UK (1986-1988)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology and Internal Medicine - Northwick Park Hospital - Harrow, En, UK (1989-1992)
- Doctor of Medicine - Oxford University - , United Kingdom (1985)
- Fellowship in Metabolic and Molecular Medicine - Royal College of Physicians - London, United Kingdom (1992-1993)
- Internship in Internal Medicine-House Physician - Torbay Hospital - Torquay, UK (1986)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology - University of Texas Southwestern Medical School - Dallas (1995-1997)
- Internship in House Surgeon-Department of Neurosurgery - Western General Hospital - Edinburgh, Scotland (1985-1986)