Carol I Ping Tsao, MD, JD
Professor with Tenure
Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
(414) 955-8992 | Fax: (414) 955-6992
Dr. Tsao received her BA from Northwestern University, MD from University of Illinois College of Medicine, and JD from Marquette University Law School. She completed her internship in internal medicine at Loyola University Medical Center and residency in psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine.
Actively engaged in teaching medical students, resident physicians, and fellows, Dr. Tsao has won a number of local and national teaching awards.
Dr. Tsao is board-certified in General Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine. Her academic interests include Hospital Psychiatry, ECT and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.
Dr. Tsao treats hospitalized patients at Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center and also has an interest in the care of physicians.
- Tsao, C., Layde, J., Roberts, L.: A review of ethics in psychiatric research. Current Opinion in Psychiatry 21(6):572-7, 2008.
- Tsao, C., Roberts, L.: Authorship in scholarly manuscripts: Practical considerations for residents and early career physicians. Academic Psychiatry 33(1):76-79, 2009.
- Tsao, C., Layde, J.: Three session psychiatric malpractice curriculum for senior psychiatry residents. Academic Psychiatry 33(2):160-162, 2009.
- Tsao, C., Guedet, J.: Ethics and professionalism preparation for psychiatrists-in-training: a curricular proposal. International Review of Psychiatry 22(3):301-5, 2010.
- Tsao, C.: Using mutual invitation in professional and educational small group settings. Academic Psychiatry 37(3):211-3, 2013.
- Tsao, C., Simpson, D., Treat, R.: Medical student communication skills and specialty choice. Academic Psychiatry in press, accepted May 6, 2014.