NIH Loan Repayment Programs
The NIH offers Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs) which may pay up to $35,000 of your qualified student loan debt per year for individuals conducting research in one of the five categories list below:
General eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident of the U.S.
- You must have a health professional doctoral degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, PsyD, DO, DDS, DMD, DPM, DC, ND, OD, DVM, or equivalent doctoral degree) from an accredited institution
- You must have total qualified educational debt equal to or in excess of 20 percent of your institutional base salary at the time of award
- You must engage in qualified research that represents 50 percent of your level of effort.
- For complete details on eligibility, please review NIH Division of Loan Repayment Eligibility of Individuals
The NIH provides information to assist you with the application process:
For complete information about this program, visit the NIH Division of Loan Repayment website.
Please direct inquiries to David Evans, (414) 955-8578, in the Office of Faculty Affairs.