EmailEmail    |   Bookmark Page Bookmark  |   RSS Feeds RSS  |   Print Page Print  

What approvals do I need?

All animal research activities must be submitted for review and approval by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) by creating an Animal Use Application (AUA) in eBridge. eBridge, our web-based system for research submissions, is accessible anywhere and at any time. Visit  Research Resources What is eBridge for more details about eBridge.  The AUA must be approved prior to initiating the animal activities it describes.

If the animal activities incorporate human source material, please note that application and approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) may be required.

If the animal activities incorporate potentially hazardous agents, biological hazards, radiation and/or radioactive materials, or hazardous equipment (e.g. MRI), approval may be required by one or more of the subcommittees under the Joint Safety Committee.

What do I submit first?

These applications can be submitted simultaneously to the various committee(s) for review. However, it is important to note that the IACUC cannot render a final decision until all ancillary committee decisions are confirmed.
© 2014 Medical College of Wisconsin
Page Updated 05/02/2014