EmailEmail    |   Bookmark Page Bookmark  |   RSS Feeds RSS  |   Print Page Print  

What training is required?

  • Laboratory Chemical Safety Training is required for all individuals who work in a lab.  Training is conducted upon initial employment, and every three years thereafter.
  • Training in the specific Particularly Hazardous Substance (PHS) is required if the lab works with a PHS on the Medical College of Wisconsin list (the PI or lab manager would conduct this training for all staff).
  • Formaldehyde Safety Training is required for those individuals who work with large amounts of formaldehyde, formalin, and paraformaldehyde (currently required only for pathologists, morgue staff, and anatomy instructors, and optional for all others).
© 2014 Medical College of Wisconsin
Page Updated 05/02/2014