EmailEmail    |   Bookmark Page Bookmark  |   RSS Feeds RSS  |   Print Page Print  

What approvals do I need?

Investigators who would like to use Medical College MRI Scanners for research purposes must submit a proposal through the Office of Research to the MRI Safety Committee.  Moreover, depending on the design of the research study being proposed, the investigator may need to obtain approval from additional safety committees, from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) if human subjects will be involved, and the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC) if animals will be involved.  Approval is also needed from the Center for Imaging Research if the Medical College scanners are requested.

Please visit the MRI Safety web site to view all MRI Safety Forms and submit the appropriate form for approval for MRI studies involving human subjects or animals.

For information on additional safety committee approval, please visit the Joint Safety Committee web site on MCW’s intranet site by searching for keywords “joint safety” on InfoScope and selecting the link at the top of the page.

For questions or assistance regarding MRI safety and approvals, please email

Contact the Center for Imaging Research

Phone: 414-955-4956

Fax: 414-955-6562

Email: Carrie O'Connor

CIR Web Site

Contact the MRI Safety Committee


Chair: Andrew Nencka, PhD

Safety Training:
Julie Peay

MRI Safety Web Site

Site Map  |  Tour  |  Home
© 2014 Medical College of Wisconsin
Page Updated 05/20/2014