We Care Fund Grants
Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Surgery
We Care Fund for Medical Innovation and Research
2014 Faculty Seed Grants
Request for Applications
The We Care Fund for Medical Innovation and Research's Scientific Review Committee is requesting applications for seed funding for Department of Surgery faculty. Maximum award is $25,000 for one year, two grants will be awarded.
- Applicants must be full-time faculty in the Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Surgery.
- Only one proposal per grant cycle may be submitted per principal investigator.
- Current We Care Fund grantees are not eligible.
Future We Care Fund grant cycles will be announced periodically relative to fund availability.
The mission of the We Care Fund is to use contributions made available by the philanthropic community to support Department of Surgery faculty who are creating cutting-edge therapies and clinical programs that benefit patients in Wisconsin and throughout the world. Proposals should demonstrate the importance of innovation and discovery to advance science and clinical care of patients. Proposals will be accepted to provide seed money for innovative basic science, translational, or clinical research projects under investigation. An annual progress report, including summary of project and financial reconciliation, is due one year after effective date.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- Request for Applications (RFA) Release Date March 17, 2014
- Department of Surgery Review of Budget No Later Than – May 12, 2014
- eBridge application due in Office of Grants and Contracts No Later Than - May 14, 2014
- e-mail Application due to We Care Fund No Later Than - May 21, 2014 (by 5 pm)
- Scientific Committee Review July 2014
- Award Notifications July 28, 2014
- Anticipated Start Date September 1, 2014
Download Application Documents
- Announcement (PDF)
- Instructions (PDF)
- Cover Page Template (DOCX)
- Budget Summary Template (DOCX)
- a. Biosketch Template (DOCX) and b. Biosketch Example (PDF)
- Cost_Sharing Template (DOC)
- eBridge Funding Proposal Procedure Guide - We Care Fund (PDF)
The Scientific Review Committee will score all proposals using the NIH grant scoring system in three broad categories:
- Scientific Validity. Is the underlying concept supported with a strong scientific rationale and experimentation? Have some background studies been performed to demonstrate the scientific validity of the concepts? Are the foundational studies sufficient to warrant the proposed clinical experimentation?
- Feasibility. Are the aims achievable? Is the approach feasible and appropriate? Has the necessary infrastructure been identified, and is it available?
- Clinical/Translational Impact. Is the proposed project critical to achieving the overall, long term objective? If successful, will the proposed project have an impact on improving the detection or treatment of human disease or injury?
The We Care Fund application contact is Anne Laulederkind, Manager Research, Department of Surgery, 805-8932, email@example.com.
To learn more about the We Care Fund for Medical Innovation and Research, please visit the We Care Fund website.