Visiting student opportunities are only available to medical students on the Milwaukee Campus.
Third-year CORE clerkships are not available to visiting students.
International students are not eligible to apply for fourth-year electives.
We do not offer observerships. It is not possible to audit courses.
ALL fourth-year scheduling is done centrally through the Office of the Registrar. Please do not contact the departments directly for elective information.
The Medical College of Wisconsin uses the VSAS (Visiting Student Application Service) system for receiving and processing visiting student applications. For more information on VSAS, please visit their website or contact VSAS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-478-9878
We will start accepting applications April 2017
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR FOURTH-YEAR STUDENTS
Visiting students must have completed the specified number of weeks in the following core rotations prior to taking fourth-year electives at the Medical College of Wisconsin:
8 weeks Medicine
8 weeks Surgery*
6 weeks Pediatrics
6 weeks Obstetrics/Gynecology
4 weeks Psychiatry
4 weeks Family Medicine
*If you are unable to meet the above requirement in Surgery: Applications will be considered from students if they are from an LCME-accredited medical school and their school can document that the student has completed a minimum of 6 weeks of Surgery.
- All students must have taken and passed the USMLE, Step 1 Examination.
- Visiting students may enroll for 4, 8, 12, or 16 weeks of electives at MCW or its affiliated institutions.
- MCW reserves the right to terminate immediately the enrollment of any visiting student who: posts any grade of less than “Pass” in the MCW grading system or violates any MCW policy or procedure regarding misconduct or professional behavior.
- Any student who has transferred to an LCME-accredited medical school after being dismissed from the Medical College of Wisconsin or withdrew from the College in poor academic standing, is not eligible to enroll in fourth-year electives as a visiting student.
THE 2017-2018 ELECTIVE CALENDAR
All Medical College of Wisconsin electives are four-weeks in length. Courses begin on a Monday and end on a Sunday and are only offered for the dates listed below.
July July 3 – July 30, 2017
August July 31 – August 27, 2017
September August 28 – September 24, 2017
October September 25 – October 22, 2017
November October 23 – November 19, 2017
December November 20 – December 17, 2017
January January 8 – February 4, 2018
February February 5 – March 4, 2018
March March 5 – April 1, 2018
April April 2 – April 29, 2018
- The Medical College of Wisconsin does not provide housing. You can find housing information through Rotating Room