Shi-Jiang Li, PhD
Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
Education & Experience
- Tsinghua University (Beijing, China), BS, Electronics (1970)
- Biophysics Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Science (Beijing, China), MS program, Biophysics (1980)
- Ohio State University (Columbus, OH), PhD, Biochemistry (1985)
- John Hopkins School of Medicine (Baltimore, MD), Postdoctoral in MRI/MRS (1988-1991)
After receiving his engineering degree from Tsinghua University, Dr. Li worked for eight years as a communication engineer and later as a graduate student in the Biophysics Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Science. His multidisciplinary education and experiences have provided him with a broad background to conduct sophisticated biophysics research.
Dr. Li's research focuses on improving and developing advanced MRI acquisition and data analysis techniques to measure brain functional and structural network organizations.
Dr. Li has the following NIH-funded research projects:
Alzheimer's Disease Connectome Project
NIH/NIA (MPI study with Barbara Bendlin [University of Wisconsin-Madison])
The long-term goal of this project is to apply the Human Connectome Project data collection protocol and develop robust technology to accurately stage Alzheimer's disease across the full spectrum of its progression on an individual subject basis.
Neuroimaging of Anesthetic Modulation of Human Consciousness
NIH/NIGMS (MPI study with Anthony Hudetz [University of Michigan])
The overall goal of this project is to understand the systems-level neural mechanisms by which general anesthetics suppress consciousness and allow its return during emergence in the human brain.
Imaging Software of Functional Connectivity MRI for Alzheimer’s Disease
The goal of this SBIR Phase II project is to commercialize innovative neuroimaging technology tools for the marketplace, in order to provide a robust and reliable biomarker for assisting in the prediction of Alzheimer’s disease onset, diagnosis, and assessment of treatment efficacy.
- Guangyu Chen, PhD, Research Scientist
- Jiu Chen, Project Appointment
- Wenjun Li, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Hao Shu, MD, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Zhan Xu, Graduate Student
- Piero G. Antuono, MD (Professor, Neurology, Pharmacology, and Toxicology, MCW)
- Arash Babaei, MD (Assistant Professor, Medicine, MCW)
- Joseph Goveas, MD (Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Behaviorial Medicine, MCW)
- Anthony Hudetz (Professor, Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, MCW)
- Franczak B. Malgorzata, MD (Professor, Neurology, MCW)
- Kathryn K. Lauer, MD (Professor, Anesthesiology, MCW)
- Xiaolin Liu, PhD (Assistant Professor, Radiology, MCW)
- Yang Wang, MD, PhD (Associate Professor, Radiology, MCW)
- B. Doug Ward (Senior Statistician, Biophysics, MCW)