Community Based Participatory Research in
The purpose of this project is to develop a Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) infrastructure in the Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) that will be a national resource for CPBR research and education, contribute to the growth of CBPR, improve health, reduce disparities, and achieve the objectives outlined in Healthy People 2010.
Goals of the Program:
- Develop a collaborative Community Based Participatory Research (CBPR) academic administrative unit infrastructure, faculty, and training capability.
- Increase the effectiveness of community partnerships in developing and participating in CBPR that makes a difference.
- Increase our capacity to train future clinical and academic community-based researchers and community-engaged physicians.
- Sustain, evaluate, and disseminate community-based participatory research scholarship and training locally and nationally.
CBPR Seminar Series - A monthly series of 2-hour seminars designed to train fellows, faculty and staff in CBPR.
Bi-Monthly Newsletter (CER Connections):
CER Connections is a bi-monthly newsletter highlighting community engaged research opportunities and activities in the Department of Family & Community Medicine and throughout MCW and Milwaukee.
- July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2011
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)