Office of Clinical Informatics Epic Optimization
For the past several years, the Froedtert & Medical College outpatient clinics have been using the EpicCare Ambulatory Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to provide clinicians with a system that supports safe patient care and quality outcomes.
Epic is made to be tailored specifically to the area it serves. In order to customize the product to the needs of each area and increase efficiency, the product must be enhanced to reach its optimum effectiveness.
The OCI Epic Optimization team was created to meet these needs. Our primary goal is to assist the users in the most effective use of EpicCare. Part of our plan to reach that goal is to maintain regular communications with users through on-site visits and monthly meetings.
OCI Epic Optimization consists of a team of nurses with training and expertise in the most efficient use of electronic medical records.
What do the optimization team members do?
- Support clinicians and clinic staff in most efficient use of the Epic EMR
- Tailor Epic tools to meet the needs of individuals and departments
- Provide users with ongoing refresher training
- Serve as liaison between Epic users and the Froedtert IT staff
- Supply users with the most current information on the Epic EMR
- Visit clinic sites on a regular basis
- Troubleshoot user issues
- Analyze individual and departmental workflows
- Make changes, revisions, and improvements to tools
The Optimization Team is happy to help Epic users. Please feel free to contact us if there is an issue we can resolve.