Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
The Herma Heart Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is one of the nation's top programs for medical and surgical treatment of congenital heart defects and heart disease.
Leading pediatric physicians and surgeons provide medical and surgical treatment for congenital heart defects and heart disease. Pediatric cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons specialize in pediatric open-heart surgery and heart transplants.
Through determination, research and expertise, Children's Hospital has realized some of the best results worldwide for treating the most complex heart disease.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin offers every type of cardiac intervention -- medication, cardiac catheterization (cath lab) procedures, open heart surgery as well as heart, lung and heart/lung transplantation.
Here are some highlights of the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin program:
- Best published survival rate for the Norwood procedure in the world. (Reference: Circulation, Volume 104 (17), Suppl. II, p. 670.)
- Survival rates of greater than 98% for all cardiac operations for five consecutive years. (Specific data per defect available upon request.)
- More than 700 pediatric heart surgeries performed in 2003.
- Nearly 12,000 total diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures performed annually.
- Compared to other leading pediatric cardiac programs, Herma Heart Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin had the best severity-adjusted inpatient survival rate overall and the best survival for patients in the most complex category, 1997-2000. (Survival rate defined as survival to hospital discharge and/or survival to 30 days postop.)
Patient services are provided primarily at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin,
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, in the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center. Please call
(414) 266-2380, if you have any questions.
Services also are offered at outreach clinics throughout Wisconsin and northern Illinois by pediatric cardiologists at:
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Clinics - Fox Valley, located on the Theda Clark Medical Center campus in Neenah, (920) 969-7970.
- The Sheboygan Clinic-Department of Cardiology, 2414 Kohler Memorial Drive
Sheboygan, WI 53081, (920) 459-1449.
- All Saints Medical Group, Spring Street Campus, 3807 Spring St. (2-North)
Racine, WI 53405, (262) 631-8280.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Clinics - Kenosha, located on the Kenosha Medical Center Campus, 6308 8th Avenue, Suite 3030 Kenosha, WI 53143
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Clinics - Gurnee, located at the Greenleaf Professional Campus in Gurnee, IL, 310 S. Greenleaf Avenue, Suite 201
Gurnee, IL 60031, (847) 662-4380.
In addition, pediatric heart surgeons and a team of specialists perform moderately complex pediatric heart surgery on patients at the Marshfield Clinic.