Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) Specialty Clinic
Specialized Care for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Patients
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) requires specialized, multidisciplinary care to expertly diagnose the condition, assess risks and develop effective treatment approaches.
At The Medical College of Wisconsin, our physicians have a level of experience and training in HCM not commonly found in Wisconsin. In fact, our HCM program is one of just a few in the state. Combine that with the latest technology and treatment options available only at an academic medical center, and HCM patients have a powerful resource for optimal care.
Expert HCM Care
Since hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a multifaceted genetic and cardiac condition, it is best treated by physicians and staff specially trained to manage it properly and highly experienced in doing so. This is especially true for people diagnosed with HCM who may be contemplating pregnancy, scheduling non-cardiac surgery or facing other health events that need careful cardiac management.
Consider these advantages available when choosing HCM care at The Medical College of Wisconsin:
- Care is provided by board-certified cardiologists with extensive specialized training (fellowship and post-fellowship) in the treatment of HCM and adult congenital heart conditions.
- These physicians are backed by a multidisciplinary team of specialists in valve disease, electrical problems in the heart (electrophysiology), genetic counseling, lung disease (pulmonology), interventional cardiology and heart and vascular surgery.
- Because this is a genetic disease, the team collaborates with Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and pediatric cardiologists for screenings and evaluations of young family members.
- Our approach to treatment is cutting-edge, based on proven and evidence-based protocols, focused on reducing risk and alleviating symptoms.
- These treatments include septal myectomy, a very intricate open heart surgery not offered everywhere and that requires experienced surgeons such as those at The Medical College of Wisconsin.
- We offer the latest technology for comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options.
- Research, both onsite and through collaborative opportunities with national genetics and cardiovascular centers, offers patients access to best practice approaches as soon as available.
HCM Clinic Team
Specialty: Echo, Cardiology
Specialty: Echo, Cardiology
Specialty: Electrophysiology, Cardiac MRI
Specialty: Cardiac Surgery
Referring Physicians Information
To transfer a HCM patient or consult with a specialist:
Call the Access Center at (414) 805-4700 or (877) 804-4700. (For physicians and staff only.)
Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please call 1-800-DOCTORS to make an appointment in the HCM Clinic.