Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center
1121 E. North Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53212
(414) 267-6500 (Main Appointment Line)
(414) 267-6560 (Referrals)
(414) 267-6570 (Medical Records)
(414) 267-3893 (Fax)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Welcome to Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center. We are proud to be part of Columbia St. Mary's and affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center is a residency training program. After completing medical school, all physicians are required to spend several years in training in their chosen specialty.
- Our center functions as a training site for resident physicians seeking to specialize in Family Medicine.
- Resident physicians remain here three years before starting their own practice.
- Every patient visit with a resident physician is supervised by an experienced, board-certified family physician.
- At times, the resident physician may call the supervising physician into the exam room to see you.
- The supervising physician may watch your visit (with your permission, of course) by means of video cameras in each exam room.
Our physicians and nursing staff work as a team to give you the best care possible. When a resident physician finishes his/her training with us, your care will be assigned to another physician on the same team.
Our family physicians seek to provide continuing, compassionate and personal care to families and the community. Our family physicians understand that health and disease involve the mind, body and spirit. We have skills in diagnosing and treating illness, in performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and especially in anticipating patient needs and designing services to meet those needs. Working with all ages and ethnic groups, we focus on keeping you healthy, not just helping you get well.
Our physicians provide a broad range of services including:
- Assistance with advanced directives
- Children's care
- Elderly care
- Family planning
- Lab work
- Men's health
- Minor surgical procedures
- Newborn care
- Nutrition and diet counseling
- Pregnancy and delivery
- Preventative health care
- Skin diseases, including acne
- Stress and adjustment counseling
- Women's health
- Young parents support group
Insurance and Billing
Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center accepts many types of insurance. You should make sure your insurance company will pay for physician visits and services you receive here. If your insurance does not pay for services or you do not have insurance and you wish to pay for services yourself, you will need to make a $40.00 payment when you register. This payment will be applied to your bill. Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center does offer a sliding fee for those not covered by insurance. Please ask a receptionist for more information. You may receive two bills. The physician visit bill will come from the Medical College of Wisconsin. The other bill will come from Columbia St. Mary's and is for other additional services that may have been provided during the visit. If you have any questions, please call the phone number on the bill. Electronic Health Records and Your Privacy Columbia St. Mary's Family Health Center maintains your records electronically. Your records are confidential. Columbia St. Mary's has policies in place to protect your personal health information.
Your Office Visit
The following tips will make your visit to the office easier. Please be sure to bring:
- Your insurance card and identification
- Your insurance co-payment
- All medications that you are taking (in their prescription bottles)
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call the day before your appointment to reschedule your visit.
If you are late for an appointment, it may be necessary to ask you to wait or to reschedule your appointment.
If you have more than three no-shows for an appointment in a calendar year without calling in advance, you will be discharged from our health center.
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or have parental consent. If you need to see a specialist, our Referral Coordinators will help you with your referral before you leave the office
To request an appointment, please call (414) 267-6500 or send an email.
To speak with a nurse after hours, please call: (414) 267-6500. For life threatening emergencies, call 911.