Family and Community Medicine
Clinical Safaris …come to the oasis of Family Medicine
Community Based Chronic Disease Management
- Jim Sanders, MD firstname.lastname@example.org
- (414) 267-6502. Learn how to address chronic disease in uninsured populations using a novel nurse led protocol to screen, identify, and manage high blood pressure, diabetes, lipids, obesity, and tobacco usage. Learn firsthand how issues of access, poverty, hunger, and illiteracy all contribute to poor health outcomes.
- Riverwest Health Initiative - Jim Sanders, MD email@example.com - (414) 267-6502. Located in Milwaukee's most integrated neighborhood, the Riverwest Health Initiative aims to bring neighborhood led solutions to 1) Hunger, 2) Mental Health, 3) Violence and Insecurity, 4) Lack of Access to Healthcare. All done through an intentional Community-Based Participatory Action (CBPA) Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP).
- Nursing Home Milwaukee area -
- Hispanic Health - Contact Lori Goodman - (262) 548-6907.
Explore community health initiatives our residency has developed and cultural solutions to the many barriers that would otherwise be experienced in US health care for this fastest growing minority. Duration: negotiable (one student at a time). Note: opportunities are available to work with bilingual physicians and staff who can assist with Spanish-speaking skill development.
- House Calls - David Johnson, MD firstname.lastname@example.org - (414) 267-6502.
Opportunity to visit home bound patients in their home with a resident or faculty.