Waukesha Family Medicine Residency Program
210 N.W. Barstow #201
Waukesha, WI 53188
Administrative #: 262-548-6907
Administrative Hours of Operation: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Since 1976, this 18 resident program has undergone extensive growth but always focusing on its primary goal of preparing graduates to provide a wide array family-oriented services and to help meet the needs of any community, even the most rural. We believe Family Docs provide care like no other specialist, based on what the patient needs, not only based on special interests of the physician. Important and unique program attributes prepare you for anticipated changes in health care that will be vital to your future:
- an innovative training environment focusing on
--highly advanced informatics and electronic records (incoming residents receive a laptop computer and PDA)
--culturally sensitive care (esp. Hispanic health since this minority is projected to be 25% of the US population by 2030; 20% of office visits in our program ensure you will be better prepared to care for your community)
--added emphasis on evidence-based medicine, sports medicine, and palliative care
- no competing residencies allowing front line direct access to patients and procedures
- diverse procedural experience including an average of 250 deliveries by graduation
- strong community support (Family Practice is a kingpin of health care delivery in the county) with more volunteer physicians than we know what to do with and solid financial backing
- excellent residents and faculty that have continued to receive major regional and national awards annually for excellence in teaching and patient care
- recent major expansion and complete renovation of the Family Practice Center
- a community-based faculty-development fellowship, and much more.
The program has maximal accreditation for 5 years. Faculty maintain an outstanding commitment to resident education, making it a highly supportive place to learn. Alumni are quite successful, many located in rural settings, most provide maternity services, and all are board certified on the first try. This beautiful, safe, affordable city has many hills and parks, 80 nearby lakes, and fast access to larger cities (20 minutes to Milwaukee; 60 min. to Madison; 90 minutes to Chicago). The director even provides free water-skiing lessons.
Please visit our Web site. Request information about the Waukesha Family Practice Residency Program by filling out the online request form or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Our goal is to prepare you for the medicine of tomorrow, not just current practice, so that you can lead the way in your practice and community.
** Affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin