Young (Danny) Oh, MD
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, 2000
2000-2003: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
2003-2006: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
2006-2007: Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Clinical Interests & Patient Appointments
PUBLICATIONS (To view complete Curriculum Vitae, click here)
1. Rosenberg JM, Wahr JA, Sung CH, Oh YS, Gilligan LJ. Coronary perfusion pressure during cardiopulmonary resuscitation after spinal anesthesia in dogs. Anesth Analg 1996; 82:84-7.
2. Oh YS, Early DS, Azar RR. Clinical applications of endoscopic ultrasound to oncology. Oncology 2005;68(4-6):526-37.
3. Oh YS, Edmundowicz SA, Jonnalagadda SS, Azar RR. Pancreaticopleural fistula: Report of two cases and review of the literature. Dig Dis Sci 2006;51:1-6.
4. Azar RR, Oh YS, Janec EM, Early DS, Jonnalagadda SS, Edmundowicz SA. Wire-guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage using a modified needle knife and therapeutic echoendoscope. Gastrointest Endosc 2006;63:688-92.
5. Oh YS, Lisker-Melman M, Korenblat KM, Zuckerman GR, Crippin JS. Disseminated histoplasmosis in a liver transplant recipient. Liver Transpl 2006;12:677-81.
6. Lee CJ, Scheiman J, Anderson MA, Hines OJ, Reber HA, Farrell J, Kochman ML, Foley PJ, Drebin J, Oh YS, Ginsberg G, Ahmad N, Merchant NB, Isbell J, Parikh AA, Stokes JB, Bauer T, Adams RB, Simeone DM. Risk of malignancy in resected cystic tumors of the pancreas </= 3 cm in size: Is it safe to observe asymptomatic patients? A multi-institutional report. J Gastrointest Surg 2008;12:234-42.
7. Sarkar M, Wood R, Oh Y, Hecht THE, Kaiser L, Wasserstein A, Kochman ML. Presentation and management of acute fistulization of a foregut duplication cyst. Gastrointest Endosc 2008;68:804-6.
1. Oh YS, Schwartz J. Growth hormone induces binding to the c-Fos serum response element. University of Michigan Medical School Undergraduate Research Poster Session, 1995.
2. Oh YS, Mileke B, Alpern RJ. The role of the endothelin B receptor in kidney function. Southwestern Medical Student Research Forum, 1997.
3. Oh YS, Warren DK, Fraser VJ. A multicenter study of bacteremia in the intensive care unit utilizing criteria to differentiate types of catheter-associated bloodstream infections. Clinical Science Training and Research Pathway (C-STAR) program, Washington University School of Medicine,
4. Warren DK, Jones RM, Oh YS, Keller MH, Seiler SM, Fraser VJ. Risk factors and outcomes of ICU-acquired primary bloodstream infections. 13th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, 2003.
5. Oh YS, Aoun N, Meyers BF, Eloubeidi MA, Edmundowicz SA, Early DS, Azar RR. Understanding and utilization of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration by thoracic surgeons in the staging of lung cancer. American College of Gastroenterology 70th Annual Scientific Meeting, 2005. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100(9):S370.
6. Oh YS, Edmundowicz SA, Janec EM, Early DS, Jonnalagadda SS, Azar RR. Experience using a therapeutic linear echoendoscope for pancreatic pseudocyst drainage. American College of Gastroenterology 70th Annual Scientific Meeting, 2005. Am J Gastroenterol 2005;100(9):S90.
7. Janec EM, Edmundowicz SA, Peifer K, Azar R, Oh YS, Brinkman EA, Gao F, Tarr P, Shepherd R, Jonnalagadda S. Utilization trends and outcomes for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) in the pediatric population. American College of Gastroenterology 70th Annual Scientific Meeting, 2005. Am J Gastroenterol 2005;100(9):S382.
8. Oh YS, Seo DH, Stone CD. Hemoconcentration is an independent risk factor for severe acute pancreatitis. Digestive Disease Week, 2006. Gastroenterology 2006;130(4):S1415.
9. Oh YS, Kochman ML, Ahmad NA, Ginsberg GG. Clinical outcomes after Polyflex™ stent placement for refractory benign esophageal stricture (RBES). Digestive Disease Week, 2007. Gastrointest Endosc 2007;65:AB132.
10. Lee C, Anderson MA, Hines OJ, Reber HA, Kochman ML, Foley J, Drebin JA, Oh D, Ginsberg GG, Ahmad N, Merchant N, Isbell J, Parikh A, Scheiman KM, Simeone D. Risk of malignancy in resected cystic tumors of the pancreas < 3 cm in size: Is it safe to observe asymptomatic patients; a multi-institutional report. Digestive Disease Week, 2007. Gastroenterology 2007;132(4):A832.