General Internal Medicine
Division of General Internal Medicine
Medical Student Education
- GIM faculty are clerkship directors for the M3 and M4 inpatient and outpatient Department of Medicine rotations.
- A GIM faculty is the Course director for the MCW M2 Introduction to Clinical Examination course.
- GIM faculty precept M3 and M4 students in their outpatient Medicine experience.
- GIM faculty precept M1 and M2 students in their Clinical Continuum and Introduction to Clinical Examination courses.
- GIM faculty are active as clinical advisors for students, serve on numerous medical school advisory committees and provide leadership for the local AOA chapter.
- GIM coordinates M4 electives including, "The Art of Medicine through the Humanities", "Apprenticeship with a Master Clinician", and a new elective emphasizing nutrition.