Our Memory Care providers:
- Angela Beckert, MD
- Mary Cohan, MD
- Lubna Sorathia, MD
- Janice Kuiper-Pikna, APRN, APNP
Our Memory Care provider services:
- Screen our patients' memory and mood
- Review patients' current medications
- Recommend treatment, support services and ongoing care
- Schedule tests, consultations and referrals, as needed
- Diagnose cognitive disorders and assist in management of care
New patients should bring to clinic:
- At least one immediate family member
- A completed list of current medications, including dosages and frequencies of administration (also okay to bring all pill bottles to clinic)
- The completed new patient packet
- Power of Attorney for Health Care, if completed
Caregivers should expect to:
- Receive a caregiver folder with helpful resources
- Discuss their family member's mood, memory and behavior
Geriatric Psychiatry Clinic
North Hills Health Center – Specialty Clinics
W129 N7055 Northfield Dr.
Menomonee Falls WI, 53051
Geriatric Psychiatry Providers
The Geriatrics Clinic helps individuals maintain their independence by offering a full range of home health services through Horizon Home Care & Hospice, Inc., a Medicare/Medicaid certified home care agency providing services such as:
- Skilled nursing care
- Rehabilitative services
- Home health aides
- Home delivered meals
Hospice is a special way of caring for patients and families facing the final stages of a life-limiting illness.
Home Care Medical, affiliated with Horizon Healthcare, provides medical equipment and related supplies. Patients of the Senior Health Program are eligible for discounts on private duty home care, medical equipment and supplies not covered by insurance.
The Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology is pleased to offer the ACE (Acute Care for the Elderly) Geriatric Consultation Service. This innovative program strives to provide comprehensive assessment of geriatric syndromes to vulnerable elderly patients hospitalized at Froedtert Hospital.
The ACE Team works in close conjunction with the primary medical/surgical team’s and General Internal Medicine consults’ consult liaison psychiatry, palliative medicine, physical and rehabilitation medicine, nursing, social work, care management, pharmacy and home care. We strive to reduce the impact of hospitalization on vulnerable patients, evaluate cognitive and functional issues, and help facilitate safe discharge either back to the community or to a healthcare facility.
Our goal is to help in the care of patients with complex medical, cognitive and functional needs. The consult service evaluates patients across four domains of function.
- Medical/Surgical issues including assessment and management of delirium, osteoporosis, incontinence and failure to thrive
- Cognitive issues including assessment of dementia and cognitive decline and capacity, depression and psychosis
- Functional issues including gait/balance problems, functioning in daily living and general functional impairments
- Social issues including power of attorney or guardianship issues, care planning, abuse or neglect, and facilitating transition to hospice and palliative care
Consults may be obtained through referral to our consult attending or Geriatric Nurse Practitioner. Patients are screened by age, admitting diagnosis, co-morbidities and vulnerability criteria. Consultation from ACE may also be recommended to the primary team on their discretion.
Steve Denson, MD | Medical Director, Inpatient Consultation Geriatrics
Edmund Duthie, MD | Chief, Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology
Julie Roznowski-Olson, NP, MSN, RN | Geriatric Nurse Practitioner - BS, APNP, Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology
Page through AMCOM/SMARTWEB
Geriatrics Inpatient Care Consults
(414) 805-0728 | Fax: (414) 805-0729
All team members of the Women's Incontinence and Sexual Health (WISH) Program are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to women and all have received additional specialized training in order to best treat your individual needs. Lubna Sorathia, MD, joined our Geriatrics team in July 2015 and began accepting female Geriatrics patients in her Monday afternoon WISH clinic.
Froedtert Hospital - Specialty Clinics Building
Lower Level (LL)
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226
To contact the Urology Center, please dial (414) 805-0805
Option 1 – Appointments
Option 2 - Prescription refills
Option 3 – Billing
Option 4 – Nurse line
Discover more about the WISH Clinic